South Dakota Pheasant Hunting
Jim River Guide Service ... THE place to hunt pheasants in South Dakota.
I hunt on 60,000 acres of private land spread out over 200 miles in 5 distinictly different locations of South Dakota. This is why:
1. To hunt the highest density of birds regardless of year-to-year game fluctuations.
2. To prevent over-hunting/educating pheasants in one area.
3. To avoid bad weather.
4. To offer multi species hunting options, including prairie chickens and sharptail grouse.
5. To provide the best outdoor experience to those who invest money and time, and travel half-way across the country to have a great time hunting the South Dakota prairies.
* I cater to small groups of less than 6 hunters. I can guarantee that your group will not be mixed with other hunters while you are here.
* I can accommodate groups of up to 20 for executive/commercial/corporate style hunts.
* I personally guide you.
* I run my business in South Dakota and Alaska. You may have questions about hunting/fishing Alaska that we can discuss while you are here.
* I have had the honor of having Mike Fifer (CEO of Ruger Firearms), members of the NYPD, a Mayor of Tijuana, and several hunters from the FBI, CIA and The Pentagon, a group of Chicago firefighters, a Top Gun Pilot Wininer, and a lot of "regular Joe's" as clients in the past. I am proud of my operation.
WHEN RESEARCHING A HUNT, YOU SHOULD ASK TO SPEAK TO ALL OF THE CLIENTS WHO HUNTED THE SAME TIME YOU ARE CONSIDERING HUNTING THE PREVIOUS YEAR. IT IS FOOLISH TO CONSIDER BOOKING A HUNT WITH AN OUTFITTER BEFORE YOU SPEAK WITH HUNTERS WHO HAVE HUNTED THE SAME TIME AND PLACE DURING THE PREVIOUS SEASON. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FOR YOUR MONEY. I AM PROUD OF THE ATTENTION I GIVE MY CLIENTS BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE HUNT. MOST IMPORTANTLY, DON’T CONSIDER BOOKING A HUNT WITH ANYONE THAT IS NOT WILLING TO GIVE YOU THE NAMES AND NUMBERS AND/OR EMAIL ADDRESSES OF “ALL” OF THE CLIENTS FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASON.
Besides the best pheasant hunting in South Dakota, I also offer outstanding ptarmigan hunting in my remote camps in Alaska.
Contact me by calling my cell at 605-228-8162 or my headquarters at 605-887-3561. Leave a message if I don't answer and I will return your call promptly.
A 50% non-refundable deposit will reserve your hunt.
All Inclusive Hunting Package: $500/person/day
Non Inclusive: $300/person/day (5 hunters or less); $275/person/day (6 hunters or more)
Please call or e-mail me with any questions or to get a list of ALL my clients from last year.Jim River Guide Service
432 Railway Avenue
Mellette, SD 57461